Thursday, April 8, 2010

Another Meeting and Some Things I Think About In Class

Big news first, the Econ club is having a meeting tonight, April 8th, at McMenamins on Monroe at 10pm. Come and enjoy happy hour with the company of fellow disaffected Econ majors and watch diminishing marginal returns at work. 21+ only, because we still live in a fascist state that's keeping the free market down.

Speaking of diminishing marginal returns, that has to be one of my favorite concepts in Economics. Econ professors like to joke during a long afternoon class that they can definitely see evidence of downward sloping marginal benefits when their students start napping, getting off-topic, and daydreaming out the window. Of course, professors from other departments must also be aware of the gradual decline in focus over the course of a long lecture, but I wonder if economists take less offense to it. I sure hope so because sleeping in class gives me wicked awesome dreams.

No comments: